Friday, January 30, 2009

My Passion for Education

I have always held a passion for children, but I never knew that education was the right career path for me. However, I quickly realized this my freshman year at Clemson. I have always loved children and with a first grade teacher as a mother, well it's almost as if i was destined to teach. But having the career as an educator didn't fit my ideal future. I'm good with children, I love helping my mother at her school, and well teaching is a profession I always knew I would love but the one thing that I always thought about was the salary. Education seemed to be an awesome profession, but at the time I thought I needed to become a Physical Therapist. Not only was the pay a huge amount more than what teachers recieve, but I knew it was something I could do if I worked hard. However, not long after my first semester I realized my passion was education. This was what I was called to do, not physical therapy. Yes, the salary is a lot lower but the benefits of teaching are far greater. I realized that becoming a teacher was what would truely make me happy. I knew I would love waking up every day to go to work. It was something I wanted to do and now I've finally figured it out! Not long after entering college, I figured out that education was what I wanted to hold a career in. It took me a while to figure it out, but once I did I knew I had made the right decision. I am so excited about my career choice and cannot wait until I have the opportunity to finally become a first grade teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment