Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cover Letters!!!

The articles found through this website was in fact very beneficial and interesting to read! For the most part, I did in fact agree with the advice provided within the articles on the website.
Everything was very interesting to read through and gave me ideas I hadn't even thought of, especially since I didn't really know what I should include in a cover letter.

When reading the article concerning cover letters I was quite shocked to notice that it said that cover letters aren't in fact the first thing a company goes through or notices. This was something I found odd considering I thought it was in fact the first thing to actually grab the attention of the company. However, it is interesting to know that a cover letter does in fact set you apart from any other individual trying to apply for the same position.

I also found it interesting when the article explained what to include and what not to include in the cover letter. This allowed me to take a step back and realize what a cover letter is really about and the impact it will make in a company's decision. It was also interesting that you can add a PS to the end of your cover letter and write in your handwriting to add to the letter. This was interesting yet quite different that what I would have expected a cover letter to have. I have never heard of this (putting it in your handwriting) but its pretty cool to think that this would really set you apart and grab the attention of the reader/company.

This website provided a lot of useful information that I can definitely use when writing my own cover letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment